Live Stream Courses
License Renewal Requirements
For further information, visit www.plb.iowa.gov
RENEWING Your Iowa Real Estate License:
- Renewal periods are every three years and all licenses expire on December 31st.
- 36 hours of continuing education are required with the following criteria: Law Update (8 hours), Ethics (4 hours) and Electives (24 hours)
- Of these 36 hours, 12 hours must be live instruction. As of January 2018, the Iowa Real Estate Commission defines a Live Instruction as ”an educational program delivered in a traditional classroom setting or by electronic means where by the instructor and student have real-time visual and audio contact to carry out their essential tasks.”
- Buying Practices and Listing Practices can be used as renewal electives, Developing Professionalism and Ethics can be used as 4 hours of mandatory Ethics and 8 hours of renewal electives.
- During each three year renewal period a course may be taken for credit only once. A course may be repeated for credit only if the course numbers and instructors are different.
- Create a My Iowa PLB account at www.plb.iowa.gov. Be sure to use Chrome!
- Keep all certificates, which is the individual agents responsibility, as you will now need to upload them at My Iowa PLB.